Light Fast Wood Stain
Morrells coloured Light Fast Wood Stain provides a professional grade finish to all manor of interior wooden surfaces including floors, doors and more. With a wide range of colour and fast quick drying it’s great for every taste and project.
This product is compatible with Methylated Spirit and Cellulose Thinner.
Morrells Light Fast Wood Stain colours are a non-grain, solvent-based formulation. They provide excellent definition and depth of colour. Suitable for hand, spray or dip application. Dries in just 10 minutes
- Ensure that all surfaces to be coloured with Morrells Light Fast Wood Stain are clean, dry and free from surface dirt, debris and sanding dust.
- Furniture, floors, doors, architraves and other wooden surfaces should be vacuumed or wiped down after sanding to remove surface contaminates prior to applying a solvent wood stain.
- Always order enough coloured solvent stain to complete the project in one go as natural batch-to-batch variances do occur.
- Always undertake a colour check by doing a test area.
- Natural variances in timber can change the appearance of the wood stain.
- Approve the wood stain colours on the actual timber being used before commencing any project.
- Timber to be coloured should be pre-sanded with 180 Grit paper
- Optimum application is achieved between 18℃ and 22℃ with good air movement and ventilation.
- 1 or 2 coats of light fast stain can be applied depending on the desired coverage and colour depth.
- Use a soft, white, lint-free cloth.
- Avoid using coloured or printed rags
- Apply the interior wood stain wet to the whole surface to avoid uneven penetration and then remove excess with a clean cloth.
- For larger surfaces it may be appropriate to apply the wood stain in sections.
- Always work along the grain when cleaning off,
- Leave a minimum of 10 minutes to dry before application of finishing coats.
- Spray apply an even wet coat and remove excess with a soft, white, lint-free cloth.
- When dry spraying ensure an even coat is applied and that the gun strokes follow the grain of the timber.
- Dry spraying needs a certain skill level, and if undertaken incorrectly can lead to patchiness and ‘striping’.
- The wiping-off process can enhance the evenness of the colour and highlight the grain definition and the natural figuring of the substrate.
- Thinning with 50% Morrells Light Fast Thinners can assist in controlling the spray staining operation, but may change the tone or strength of colour shade.
Care should be taken if brush, roller, sponge or pad applying a Pre-Cat or Acid-Cat based varnish / lacquer on top of this product as lifting or dragging of the solvent wood stain can occur. This is not an issue if over-coating with a water based varnish / lacquer.
Coverage: Approximately 8 square meters per 1Ltr dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item.
Maintenance/Aftercare: Products with Morrells Light Fast Stain should not be subjected to environments where the temperature is likely to drop to less than 2℃.
Thinning and Cleaning
Morrells Light Fast Thinners should be used for thinning the stain and cleaning application equipment.
Morrells Light Fast Solvent Based Coloured Wood Stains should be stored above 5℃ and protected from frost. Store in a well ventilated area and keep away from high heat and sources of ignition.
Morrells Solvent-based Wood Stain dries within 10 minutes. Drying times may vary depending on room temperature and humidity. In high temperature low humidity conditions, it will dry quicker. In low temperature high humidity conditions, it will dry more slowly.